Iron Heart - Oiled Whipcord N1 Deck Jacket - Olive
For FW22 Iron Heart have added an oiled version to their range of N1s, giving improved water-resistance to the jacket. Due to the nature of whipcord and its reluctance to absorb, the heavy oiling of the fabric increases its weight from their standard 12oz to approximately 14oz.
The classic N1 deck jacket was first produced for the US Navy in the early 1940s. Much copied since then, it has become a true style icon in its own right. This Iron Heart version remains pretty true to the original jackets on the basis that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The one major, but unseen, change they have made is to add an additional interlining to increase wind resistance. A truly warm and great-looking winter jacket.
- Made in Japan
- N1 Deck jacket
- 12oz whipcord that becomes 14oz following oil application process
- Oiled with urethane/paraffin mix that results in a much softer hand feel to traditional waxed jackets
- Urethane/paraffin mix also reduced choke marks around elbow creases
- Can be ironed gently to renew waterproofing
- High density, long pile 80% wool, 20% alpaca lining
- Additional interlining for increased wind resistance
- Quilted satin lined sleeves
- Over-spec’d double action YKK zipper plus buttoned placket
- Two alpaca lined Permex snapped handwarmer pockets
- One twilll lined Permex snapped internal pocket
- Pockets have been lined with regular whipcord for nicer hand feel
- Knitted storm cuffs
- Throat latch
- Internal olive drawstring hem
- No shrinkage to be expected, hand wash only
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device